Monday, September 10, 2012

The Brave New World of Vlogging

Okay, so remember last week when I said I was going to do more reading and also some vlogging and that they would be linked?

Well, this is what I was talking about.



Me reading How the Whale Got His Throat, by Rudyard Kipling

This is going to be my new project for a while - a video a day of me reading something short-ish, starting with the Just So Stories, which I really love for their fun spirit, even if they do moralize. (They're products of their time, and they're very imaginative, so I can forgive the moralizing.) This is a new thing for me, and I'm not sure how it's going to go, and I'm not sure what I'm doing or whether I'm doing any of it right, but if you like what I did and want to see more of it, I'd be really grateful if you'd like it/link it/do whatever else you do to spread the word. That would be totally awesome and I would love you forever.

In other news, be sure to stop by Literary Rambles today, where my friend Natalie Aguirre is interviewing a very special young expert in the field of kidlit.

ALSO! There will again be changes to the blog! Daily vids will be linked here, as well as Wednesday Writing posts (which will either be craft-oriented or Query critiques) and Friday Forward posts (which will be reviews of books I've read and liked and sometimes will be giving away). This means TWO POSTS on Wednesdays and Fridays! WOOT! But less about writing in general.

I know. Changes suck. But this change will be a lot better than the last change, which consisted of me not blogging at all for the whole summer. We take what we can get, no?

Hasta Mañana!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out about Mady's interview. You look good in your vlog. Great that you took the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Ishta :) My cousin gave my daughter her old Just So Story book :) Rilla loves the stories in it.
    I'm going to get her to follow along with you.

    Love,
    Denise of Ingleside, PEI

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cool idea, Ishta. It's breaking up on me, but at least I know there'll be more. And it's like hanging out with you almost. We never did get the kids together over our hectic summer did we, oh well. I hope we get chance to meet again soon. Are you going to CANSCAIP? I will be at a book launch the night before in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete