Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNo News

It's November! And you know what that means...


National Novel Writing Month!


and...


Picture Book Idea Month!


And because I'm CRAZY, I'm doing both again! WOO-HOO! Let's hear it for the crazy people!


So, the thing to know is that this month, posting will be erratic. There will be one MMGM post next Monday, and NaNo posts on Wednesdays, and maybe the odd random Friday letting-off-steam post about nothing in particular, but for the most part, I'm not going to be here. Because I'm going to be HERE, in NaNoLand.

Are you NaNo-ing this year? If you are, come find me - my user name is Ishta - and let's be buddies!

And in the meantime, I've spent the last few days wondering how to start my NaNo novel. Last year, I started on page one. But there's more than one way to steamroll your way through 50,000 words, and this year, I'm trying something different.

I'm just going to start. I've got the beginning of a scene in my head, and I'm just going to start there and work my way over, around and through this thing.

So if you're like me, sitting there with this kernel of an idea and wondering what to do with it, maybe try that. Just start with the scene that is your idea, and go from there. See where it takes you.

Happy NaNoWriMo-ing!

2 comments:

  1. You're off and running. Who knows what will come from this--probably a great novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing PiBoIdMo again, but not NaNoWriMo. You ARE crazy!

    ReplyDelete