Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wisdom on Wednesday: From the Mouths of Babes



My kids made this the other day, and my 8 year-old son said about it:


"If you wear these then whenever you fall down, you'll always land on your feet."

The writing business and the acting business have a lot in common:

  • They're both about storytelling.
  • They're both about finding the emotional truth of each moment.
  • They both involve a lot of rejection.

And you'll be a lot better off if you can always land on your feet.

How my kids picked up on that is anybody's guess. But I'm so glad they did. Theirs are words to live by.

What have you learned from the kids in your life lately?

1 comment:

  1. I only have one child and he's thirty-one. I write about him often, to his chagrin, but without him and his computer skills I would never have been able to create my blog. I think your kids are on to something with their invention. With falling down such an integral part of life it's important to always land on your feet.

    ReplyDelete