Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Favorites: Finale Season!

It's May Sweeps!

For those of you who don't lurk on TV show fan boards like I do *ahem*, that means this is the time of year when all the prime time networked shows (which are basically the only ones I watch, aside from cartoons with my kids and the Weather Channel) wind up their seasons and go on hiatus for the summer.

Which means this is when things heat up. Cliffhangers galore, guys. Get ready to be left dangling.

SO, which season finales did you like, and which ones did you hate?

I thought the best offering by far was the 2-hour delight that was The Mentalist. I loved the twist towards the end of the first hour - I had been wondering how they would wind up the whole bomb scenario, and I thought they did it really nicely. And the ending! In a food court, of all places! All I can say is, wow. You need to watch this one, guys. And if that isn't enough to convince you, then check this guy out:


Simon Baker

Bet you want to watch now, don't you? He totally rocks the character of Patrick Jane: damaged, enigmatic, impetuous, and brilliant. How could you not want to watch this show?

Of course, there were other good moments.

Grey's Anatomy did a super job of reversing pretty much every single relationship on the show in one hour without leaving this viewer feeling depressed and hopeless about it all, which was quite a feat.


They can't believe it, either.

Castle finally (FINALLY!) said those three little words - although it's a toss-up as to whether Beckett will remember by the time Season 4 opens in September. (For the reason, you'll have to go back and watch the finale if you missed it.) I'm looking forward to finding out!


She knows.

The New Directions lost at Nationals on Glee, but can anybody honestly say they were surprised? I mean, the oldest members of the Glee Club are Juniors. They've got one more year of high school, and we're writers. Do you put the climax 2/3 of the way through the book? No, you do not. So, no surprises there. But, there was an awesome moment between Kurt and Blaine.


Brittany and Santana: MVPs for the season.


But the best, in my book? The Mentalist FTW!

How about you? What was your favorite finale?

6 comments:

  1. I really don't watch a lot of dramas...I liked Vampire Diaries this season. I spend my time watching South Park and Family Guy reruns, LOL!

    Though, Simon Baker is hot...I should probably watch that show... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NCIS and NCIS:LA are my faves and pretty much the only TV I watch so I thought the finales were awesome and really left you hanging for next season: Who is Tony supposed to deal with? Hetty and Callen are both from Romania and from feuding families?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really watch much TV but I do watch a ton of movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree on Glee and I also felt like that could have been a longer episode. It felt a little packed/rushed.

    The season finale of Criminal Minds was a little underwhelming, but I did like the season finale of Supernatural. The season's been up and down for SPN, but the last few eps were more consistent and what they did with one of the character arcs was interesting.

    FRINGE once again had me flailing around and mentally screaming OMG WHAT'S GOING ON with their season finale.

    My sister and I finished the first season of BBC's Sherlock this weekend, and that last moment in the last episode? SO GOOD.

    Yay for fellow TV junkies! :D Now to find new shows to keep me occupied for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I SO agree about The Mentalist!! I love that show. And the finale did not disappoint. Yeah, complete Patrick Jayne fan geek here. :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't watch much TV but I just watched The Chicago Code and liked that season and maybe final end.

    ReplyDelete