Friday, March 11, 2011

Calling All Picture Bookers!

The deadline for the Barbara Karlin Grant for unpublished picture book writers is looming! If you're a member of SCBWI and you have a picture book manuscript, you're eligible. So, hop on over HERE for all the deets and get that application in the mail ASAP to arrive by March 15th!

Also: I missed it, but I discovered a lovely Favorite Picture Book Blogfest that happened this Wednesday. Go on over to Megan Bickel's blog post for the list of participants, complete with links to all their posts about their favorite picture books.

As for my favorite picture book, it's...

Just kidding. Oh, come on. You didn't really think I could pick one favorite picture book, did you? Pffft. I can only ever narrow it down to a few. Some of my faves are OLIVIA by Ian Falconer, THE GRUFFALO and A SQUASH AND A SQUEEZE by Julia Donaldson (illos by Axel Scheffler), FUNNYBONES by the venerable Janet and Allan Ahlberg, and LOST AND FOUND by Oliver Jeffers. Interesting how most of those authors are from the UK... Guess I'll have to add "picture books" to the list of things I miss most about my time there, along with apples, sausages, and late-night kebaberies.

Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment