Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Favorites

Welcome to the first installment of Friday Favorites, a new regular feature on the blog, in which we discuss all things favorite.

This week, I thought I'd share my favorite blogs for writers. All the blogs I'm going to mention are in my sidebar to the left, but I know how sometimes that stuff off to the side gets, well, shoved off to the side... So, um, I'm mentioning them here! Where they can get the attention they deserve.

The first blog I look at is Mary Kole's Kidlit Blog. Mary gives great, in-depth answers to questions from readers, and it's a super insight into the publishing industry, an agent's mind, and the craft of writing.

I always head over to Editorial Anonymous for an honest, no-holds-barred take on the publishing industry from the editor's side of the desk. If nothing else, it serves as a reminder that there are a lot of crazies out there who make my queries look REALLY good!

Sometime after lunch, I hop on over to Nathan Bransford's blog. He's an author and a literary agent with Curtis Brown, who sadly does not represent picture book authors. Boo! But what he DOES do is write and maintain the most informative, helpful, perfect blog by an agent for writers EVER. He offers a weekly contest to win a first-page critique (by him! I KNOW!), a Friday morning summary of the week's hot topics in publishing, and a bazillion posts on craft, querying etiquette and technique, pitches, etc., etc., ETC. AND, his posts make me snort juice out my nose at least once a week because he's so funny. 4,257 followers don't lie, guys. Go read his blog.

My last blog for today is by a writer. It's one I recently discovered, and I know a lot of you came to my blog from hers, but for those of you who have been with me for a while, have you seen Casey McCormick's blog??? OMG, guys! She has agent profiles there! And weekly tips! And pages and pages of info on writing craft and Beta readers and looking for an agent! Go check her out! We need to figure out how to tell the Writer's Digest blog award people about her, because her blog is the most informative blog by a writer for writers that I have ever, ever seen.

Obviously, I like a lot more blogs, but these are the ones I check every day. How about you guys? What are your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the awesome words about my blog, Ishta. You're so sweet! And, um, wow... you linked me up with Mary Kole, Nathan B, and Ed Anon?! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said, you do the best blog I've ever seen by a writer. I call it like I see it.

    ReplyDelete